Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cold air intake for 98 Volvo s70 t5?

I have a 98 t5 and I want to put a cold air intake on it. But I don't see anyplace where I can route it with out having it routed under the suport beam for the motor. I have a 3in inner diameter 3 1/2in outer diameter pipe that I'm running. Can anybody help? I don't mind doing some minor cutting. I don't have the tools or the knowledge to weld anything so it can't be any major moddifications. I just need a pic or something showing where the intake is placed. Another sub question. Their is another hose that connects to the origanal air box. I don't know if it sucks or blows air. Now that hose connect to something that kind of resembles a turbo but I don't think that the turbo can be that small on it. Well Thank you for your time. NEED HELP.
Cold air intake for 98 Volvo s70 t5?
1. Cold air intakes are pointless for turbo cars. Turbos don't benefit in the slightest from the denser cold air, because a turbo compresses the air in the first place.


2. Even with a short ram intake, you're not going to see more than 2-3 wheel horsepower, and basically no change in mpg or any other type of gain.


3. Your best bet, if you chose to ignore the above two facts, is to buy a kit for your car, rather than fabricate your own.


1 comment:

  1. if cold air doesnt benefit turbochargers, then why are turbo cars built with intercoolers?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive