Sunday, March 14, 2010

EEC IV codes comming up on my 93 mustang?

I took my mustang to oreilys to get the free code scan, Naturally their help was crappy. They gave me the codes yet didnt know WTF they meant. I got a 327 (EGR Valve or exhaust pressure transducer circuit below minimum.) 328 (EGR valve position closed valve voltage lower than expected.) 543 Fuel pump secondary circuit failure battery to control module.) I was needing to know what each one meant and if possible how to fix each problem. Any feedback will be apreciated. Thank you.
EEC IV codes comming up on my 93 mustang?
327 and 328 mean that the sensor on top the EGR is reporting to the engine computer that it's closed furthur than it's supposed to be (actually it means the voltage seen by the PCM is lower than preset limits)





Usually it's set by either the valve position sensor itself or the EGR plate the sensor sits on has gone bad causing a error code








543 Fp secondary battery circuit failure means that it saw a loss of Fuel pump power on the monitor back to the PCM if I remember my EEC IV.... Fuel pump, the relay, but sometimes if no problems are happening with the car stalling or anything can be caused when they ran the test... it all depends upon the car.
EEC IV codes comming up on my 93 mustang?
too bad you dont have OBD2. i could be of great use!





as for the codes from your OBD setup... i would try (for the EGR valve) to take it off and clean out all the carbon buildup with some brake parts cleaner. put it back on, check to make sure you dont have a vacuum leak coming from it (could be bad hose or diaphram in EGR)


now about the fuel pump problem.... no clue. i would guess your fuel pump relay is going out (trying to anyway) or your fuel pump itself might be giving up the ghost.


good luck and hope this helped!

flowers funeral

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive