Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I need to replace an a/c condenser for 1992 honda civic. What type is it?

It is a 92 Civic EX 1.6L, 4-door. I have researched the parts online and I have come across two different types; serpentine, and parallel. How do I know which one I have?
I need to replace an a/c condenser for 1992 honda civic. What type is it?
A serpentine belt is a continous single belt that turns all the pulleys on your car.





Parallel will be at least two belts, Each belt will be running certain components.
I need to replace an a/c condenser for 1992 honda civic. What type is it?
a serpentine condensor uses one continuous tube that winds back and forth through the condensor fins from top to bottom. A parallel condesor has two tubes that alternate loops to give the refrigerant two paths to flow through. Parallel condensors usually have a greater flow and efficiency because of the greater surface area of the cooling coils. parallel condensors are usually smaller than the full size serpentine condensors





I'm almost positive that the 92 civics used parallel condensors. the serpentine was used on the accords. look on the side of the condensor. if you see overlapping loops of tubing on the side where then enter and exit the condensor fins then they are in parallel. I'm pretty sure yours is a parallel condensor.





hope that helps
Reply:You have a parallel. No worries, since all Civics have this. I've never even heard of a Civic with a serpentine.

network security

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive