Wednesday, March 17, 2010

'88 honda Accord stalled out in flooded street?

My 1988 honda accord stalled out on saturday trying to ford a flooded street. I have been back to get it going since the weather has dried up a bit, but it wont start. when I try to turn it over it only makes a clicking noise similar to a dead battery, but all the electrical stuff seems to work, and jumping it didn't help any. I need to replace the distributor cap on the car, but is there anything else that might be causing this problem?
'88 honda Accord stalled out in flooded street?
you probably fried your starter.





or in a more drastic situation





if the engine sucked water into the intake/air hose then you probably got water into the cylinders. in that case if it wont turn over hopefully you didnt cease the engine.





not sure if im right but take a look at the starter or have a friend /mechanic do it
'88 honda Accord stalled out in flooded street?
If you have an Accord LXi, I'd say the starter or distributor is your problem. If it's any other trim level, it could be the carburetor. Regardless of what it could be, I still think it's your starter or distributor. I wouldn't weed out serious problems like a seized engine either so get a compression checked before you invest any cash into repairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive