Sunday, March 14, 2010

My BMW 540I has a knocking noise in the engine, even after it has been warmed up. Any ideas on why? Thanks!?

It is a year 2000 bmw. I am the third owner and am not sure about any crashes. Does anyone know why? All contributions appreciated.
My BMW 540I has a knocking noise in the engine, even after it has been warmed up. Any ideas on why? Thanks!?
A knock could be a valve or rod knocking. There are quite a few other things that could be a factor too. Get it to a mechanic pretty quick as it could be serious and pretty expensive if you wait too long!
My BMW 540I has a knocking noise in the engine, even after it has been warmed up. Any ideas on why? Thanks!?
a knocking sound in the engine? Sound like a lifter or a rod knocking, it is hard to say. Have you checked your oil lately? if not you probably should.
Reply:This could be anything to a low oil level or a bearning starting to fail. Check the oil level then take it to a specialst. Or it will be expensive!


3 comments:

  1. my bmw 540i has a knock in the front right corner, I suspected the cam adjust solenoid before replacing it I just whant to make sure that's the problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do I check transmission fluid on a 2000 bmw 540i

    ReplyDelete
  3. the knock only happen in one section oil level is correct and safe my finding seems to be the cam solenoid is it possible

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive