Saturday, October 24, 2009

Jeep XJ grille guards / tires?

I'm wondering where I could possibly get a cheap or used grille guard/ bull bar for my 2000 Cherokee. Also, I'm wondering what are the biggest size tires I can fit on my non-lifted Jeep. I currently have 225s and was told I could go up to 265s? Any further knowledge on this would be a huge help. Oh, and one more thing, would it be worth it to buy some sort of budget boost to raise my truck? Or just the biggest tires I can fit on there now? Thanks for your help!
Jeep XJ grille guards / tires?
As far as a grille guard, you can check Quadratec (http://www.Quadratec.com) or 4 wheel drive hardware (http://www.4wd.com) Most of the grille guards you will find are incorporated with front bumpers as a unit. The factory bumpers are pretty worthless.





You should be able to run 30" tires on a stock XJ, but it depends on how much your stock springs have sagged over time. I am currently running 30x9.5x15s on my 91 XJ with no rubbing problems. You could do a budget boost and run 31"s but would most likely have rubbing issues. A 3-3.5" lift is recommended for 31"s with no rubbing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive