Saturday, October 24, 2009

Vw driver door not locking or unlocking but can lock the system from inside?

I think you mean you can't press down the lock button when the door is open? Can you lock/unlock the door from the outside with a key but can press down the lock button from inside once door is closed? If so, that is the way the VW driver doors and locks are designed.
Vw driver door not locking or unlocking but can lock the system from inside?
It sounds as if the connecting rod between the door lock and the door latch assembly is broken.You have a seperate rod inside from the push button to the lock mechanisim,and if this is working but you cant lock or unlock from outside theres nothing else it could be.
Vw driver door not locking or unlocking but can lock the system from inside?
I have a 95' Jetta I had the same issue I could lock and unlock from the inside and not from the outside with my keys. If you have a 93-98 VW then most likely like the person above me said it is the connecting rod from the cylinder to the latch. I had to replace both of mine on the drivers side and passenger. The old ones are made of a soft metal that literally breaks. The make the newer kits at Volkswagen that you have to order from the dealership and have installed. I went to a local VW shop i know they charged me about $125 to replace both sides and that included the labor very good price and working fine now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive