Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weign differential between standard manufacturer and aftermarket alloy wheels?

I have a question on wheel weight. I want to find out what the weight differential is between a factory fitted 16 inch Honda Civic alloy wheel to that of a lightweight 16 inch Rota rim. How much lighter on average are the latter?
Weign differential between standard manufacturer and aftermarket alloy wheels?
If the standard wheels are alloy, I doubt there'll be much difference. If you're maintaining the same diameter %26amp; increasing width, the newer wheels may well be heavier %26amp; the tyres definately will. I've just looked at a Rota whels site, but no weight is quoted: I can't really see the point of advertising lightweight wheels %26amp; not telling you how lightweight they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive