Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I have a 2003 New Beetle thaat the engine locked up on the other day. Question action of VW service dept?

My bug just died on the way into the parking lot at work two weeks ago. I had it towed my favorite VW dealership where they found the motor had locked up. They "simply" took the biggest guy in their shop and the BIGGEST crowbar they had and unlocked the motor. Then said they did not find anything to repair, charged me $122.00 for towing and sent me on my way. Questions-- Is this what should have been done?? Using a crowbar!


Well- last Friday (two weeks later) I am leaking a lot of fluid- took bug bak to dealership where they have found the leaking is coming from the transmission and the entire transmission is needing to be replaced. QUESTION- Could the crowbar in the motor have brought this on? I am being told it most likely did but would like an opinion for an "outside the family" source.
I have a 2003 New Beetle thaat the engine locked up on the other day. Question action of VW service dept?
this is a tough question. it is possible that the trans caused the engine to lock up. when they broke it loose, they just added to the damage that was already done. none of this will be known until the trans is removed and inspected. these auto transmission from VW have had issues like this for a while. not much consolation, but this is about all you can do.
I have a 2003 New Beetle thaat the engine locked up on the other day. Question action of VW service dept?
??? This does not make any sense! i have been working for volkswagen group for ten years, and i have never heard of this! What do you mean the engine locked up??? what engine do you have? sounds to me like the dealer is buying you a new transmission, giving you an honest explanation and refunding your $122. Volkswagen corporate would go ballistic if they heard that "They "simply" took the biggest guy in their shop and the BIGGEST crowbar they had " this is completely unacceptable, and a bold faced lie. there is a lot more to this story that they are not telling you!!!


let me know if i can help


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive