Saturday, October 24, 2009

In order for a car to be Acura Certified Pre-Owned, does it have to be bought at an Acura dealership?

I just bought a used 2005 Acura TSX from a used car dealer that is NOT an actual Acura dealer. They told me the car was Acura Certified Pre-Owned and even charged me an extra $3,000 or so. The 'maintenance required' light turned on the other day so I guess I have to take it in to get checked out. However, while searching for an Acura dealer close to where I live, I ran into an article that made it sound like only ACURA DEALERSHIPS can sell pre-owned certified Acuras. I hope I just mis-interpreted the article or else I'm not going to be a happy camper. If you have any knowledge on this please help!!!!!!
In order for a car to be Acura Certified Pre-Owned, does it have to be bought at an Acura dealership?
I don't see how it could be an Acura CPO if you didn't buy it at an Acura dealer. It could be a "Joe's Auto" CPO, but not an Acura CPO. I think you got scammed by a not very cunning dealer. I can't believe that worked for them.





Hold them to the contract. CPO entitles you to an extended warranty which they should have outlined very clearly.
In order for a car to be Acura Certified Pre-Owned, does it have to be bought at an Acura dealership?
This is a common trick used car dealerships use on unsuspecting customers. They claim the car's to be CPO's.





Unfortunately, CPO's are only sold through the manufacturer dealerships.





In your case, an Acura CPO can only be sold by an Acura dealership. I don't know what kind of aftermarket warranty you got, but $3000 is accessive even for a real CPO warranty.
Reply:did they show you proof that it was certified by a legal acura dealer. Otherwise it is just plain certified by them. I would call acura client services and ask them. the # 1-800-382-2238


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive